What is RTFGen ?
RTFGen, a RTF generator class for PHP, is a very powerful tool to create complex RTF files from PHP on the fly. You control all the aspects of the RTF document you are generating: pagination (orientation, numbering, size, etc), sections, paragraphs, all formatting properties (for paragraphs, pictures, tables), colors, styles, fonts, headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes, pictures, tables and much more. Because of its flexibility, this RTF generator could be used very well as document generation software within a document delivery application.
What is RTF ?
The rich-text format (RTF) standard is a method of encoding formatted text and graphics for easy transfer between different programs and different operations.
The RTF Specification provides a format for text and graphics interchange that can be used with different output devices, operating environments, and operating systems. Generally, it is used by all Microsoft Word programs — Word for Windows, Word for the Macintosh, and Word for MS-DOS — for moving word-processing documents between different platforms without having to rely on special translation software or conversion utilities. RTF uses the ANSI, PC-8, Macintosh, or IBM PC character set to control the representation and formatting of a document, both on the screen and in print. With the RTF Specification, documents created under different operating systems and with different software applications can be transferred between those operating systems and applications.
RTF version 1.7 includes all new control words introduced by Microsoft Word for Windows 95 version 7.0, Word 97 for Windows, Word 98 for the Macintosh, Word 2000 for Windows, and Word 2002 for Windows, as well as other Microsoft products.
How to export files from Lotus Notes views?
1. In a view, select the documents you want to export by clicking once in the left-most column.
2. Choose File -> Export… .
3. Select the file type to export as in the “Save as type” box.
4. In the “File Name” box, either create a new file by typing a name and extension, or replace data in an existing file with the exported data by selecting the file.
5. Click Export. If you choose a file that already exists in the directory, click “Replace” to overwrite that file, or “Cancel” to return to the Export dialog so you can enter a new filename.
6. Select to export “All documents” or “Selected documents.”
7. Click OK.
Note: a) With Smart Systems view-level export modules you can choose also ‘Export to Excel’ , ‘Export to XML’ or ‘Export to HTML’.
b) Exporting to the files does not remove documents from the views, but simply copies the data into a new file.